- Get this year’s ELECTION SCHEDULE [ Download ] and put these dates in your calendar.
- REGISTER to vote: [ Click here ]
- Find your precinct, and download and print YOUR SAMPLE BALLOT: [ Download ]
- Do your HOMEWORK and determine how you are going to vote on EVERY ballot item.
- Use multiple sources of information to MAKE UP YOUR OWN MIND. There is a lot of “information” out there — some good, some bad.
- Prepare your own COMPLETED BALLOT in advance and TAKE IT WITH YOU into the voting booth.
- Vote a COMPLETE ballot. Remember, if you vote a straight party ballot and leave the booth, YOU WILL NOT HAVE VOTED in non-partisan offices, bond issues, referendum issues, etc.
- Consider taking advantage of EARLY VOTING, lots of days and locations throughout Montgomery County listed. [ Click here ]
- On Election Day, if you know your precinct number, please double-check your precinct location (sometimes they change). [ Click here ]. If not, find out your precinct number and location: [ Click here ]
- ENCOURAGE your family, friends and neighbors to vote also. The higher the voter turnout, the more representative the election results will be of the community and the less likely that a minority group of voters will sway an election.
- Vote in EVERY election (primaries, runoffs, general). They all REALLY matter to your daily life, especially LOCAL offices and ballot items.
- Look at election RESULTS and see how your vote counted. [ Click here ]
- THANK YOU for voting.
Support the Voter Awareness Council