VAC POLLING LOCATION CODE OF CONDUCT FOR RESPONSIBLE CANDIDATES
As a candidate on the ballot for public office, I respect all citizens who exercise their constitutional right to vote. My campaign, my supporters and I will conduct ourselves in a civil, professional and respectful manner at and near the polling locations designated for my race. Specifically, I pledge:
- I and my campaign team will follow all federal, state and local laws/rules regarding conduct at polling locations.
- No more than five signs will be posted at any polling location and all signs will be removed immediately after the election, stopping the pollution of unlimited signs.
- No more than three poll workers will be on duty at any given time, leaving parking spaces for voters.
- We will respect and not invade “voter space,” promoting intimidation-free voting.
- No misleading or false written or verbal information will be offered.